Hancock County
Soil & Water Conservation District

Farmer & Landowner Resources 

Home Contact Us  Search



Our office offers many services and information for farmers and landowners in Hancock County including soils maps, financial assistance programs, soil testing kits, and educational information.  Please see the links below for some of the services and information we provide or call the District office for more information.  There is also useful information in the Publications & Information link to the left.

Farmer/Landowner Resources:

  • Transferring Farms to the Next Generation: This document is the handout from a talk that Jeffrey W. Jones, Esq. gave at our Tax Laws for Farmers Workshop.  Transferring Farms
  • Maine's USDA Agricultural Mediation Program: A certified agricultural mediation program for Maine offering assistance to help resolve agricultural related disputes before they end up in court.  USDA Mediation Program
  • Woodlot Owner Resource List: A list of what organizations are available to help woodlot owners.  Woodlots Resource List

Financial Assistance:

Farmland Preservation:

  • Landowner Options for Preserving Farms and Farmland: A brochure on the different options for reducing costs of land ownership, increasing business viability, and planning the transfer and preservation of farmland.  Maine Farmland Protection Program
  • FarmLink: The FarmLink program, administered by the Maine Farmland Trust, helps keep farmland in production by connecting farmland owners looking to sell (or lease) to farmers seeking land.  FarmLink


Publications and Information: Fact sheets, manuals, and guides




All programs and services of the Hancock County Soil & Water Conservation District are offered on a nondiscriminatory bases without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or marital or family status.  Persons who require alternative means of communication of program information should contact USDA’s Target Center at (207) 720-2600.  To file a complaint of discrimination, write to USDA Director, Office of Civil Rights, Room 326W Whitten Bldg. 14th and Independence Ave., SW, Washington D.C. 20250-9410, or call (292) 720-5964.